Do I Need An Interior Designer For My House?
With information so readily available on the click of a button, the question of whether the best interior designer is needed? Is imperative. So, what does a designer bring that could be of value, and worth considering?
12 Reasons Why Hire Best Interior Designer
- A professional always comes with sound knowledge, experience, creative ideas and efficient design tools. Renovation of a house requires a well-orchestrated group of activities, which leads to a successful outcome. Designer is the person who is trained to compose this symphony.
- While preparing the layout, a designer provides his expertise, and insight on how best the requirements fit in the allocated space.
- A professional designer knows the latest trends in the market. You may want something but not know how practical it is. Having a designer, who could advise you on the feasibility of the element, would save you from making unforeseen mistakes that could result in extra cost and rework.
- Designer can help visualize the design through sketches and 3D images.
- If budget is a constraint then the designer helps in value engineering, as to how to get down the cost without much compromise on the functional and aesthetics part. It is the duty of the designer to get the best market price of material to the client. Ideally a designer can save roughly around 10-12% for the client (which is roughly the amount he/she charges for any project). This makes his/her services relatively free of cost.
- We usually observe a good design in and around us only when we need it, but a designer does it day in and day out. He/she has a seen it several times. For example, sometimes we cannot imagine how a laminate will look after the project is completed, in such cases we need an expert to give his/her opinion. Many a times they can see what we cannot.
- Designer helps in scheduling the project to get a realistic end date. They can bring down the time of project drastically as they can foresee how each team can collaborate and deliver faster.
- In case of turnkey projects, the client can just be a spectator, while the designer takes care of time + cost + quality.
- Whatever is imagined has to be conveyed to a contractor and if it is not done methodically then the product outcome might be drastically different than what is perceived and designed. A designer understands scale and proportions and can thus easily explain the requirements, through drawings, to the contractor. Designer can speak the language that is understood by the team at work, terms and terminology understood by carpenter may seem alien to others.
- Communication, follow-up and documentation play a very important role in the successful execution of a project. Proper documentation provides clarity on what needs to be done by everyone who is involved. Timely communication helps resolve issues as and when they arise. Delegating and relying solely on the contractor who may not be well versed with software for communication like emails and messages and use only verbal communication like a phone call may lead to ambiguity and confusion. A designer helps in connecting these dots.
- Often there are site issues wherein a technical advice is required without hampering the design. Designer plays a vital role in resolving such issues.
- A designer can tell the difference between products. Rather than relying on sales people who are more interested in selling a particular brand or model; a designer can give more authentic comparison so you can spend your money wisely.
Queries About Interior Design?
Hope the above listed points can help you make a clear assessment of whether to go ahead with a designer or not. Incase you need more clarity, feel free to write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or download your free E-book “FAQ’s for renovation of your house” from www.greenhatstudio.in wherein we have tried to answer all the major questions pertaining to this subject.